TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You are submitting the materials with the George Washington University on behalf of its Global Women's Institute for archiving and distribution for non-commercial purposes, including teaching, research, and general resource to raise global awareness and end violence against women and children.
By checking the box, you are agreeing to:
- Grant the University, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, license to use the Submitted Materials, in whole or in part in any media now known or later developed. Such right shall include, but not be limited to, the right to:
Electronically view, publicly display, and publicly perform the digital materials;
Distribute the digital assets in a variety of media formats;
Federate and incorporate the digital assets into database containing other digital assets;
Electronically store, archive, reproduce, or convert the digital assets for display, performance, and/or preservation purposes and to ensure future accessibility;
Enrich the digital assets to enhance the X-Change service capacity;
Raise awareness and good practice.
- You hereby warrant that:
You either own or have obtained the necessary copyright and/or other intellectual property rights, and consents, to grant this license, including any third-party material included in the Submitted Materials;
Use of the Submitted Materials will not violate any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right to privacy or publicity, or any other third party right of any kind;
You are under no obligation that would in any way interfere with our authorized disclosure or use of the Submitted Materials. You are responsible for ensuring that the Submitted Materials are accurate;
You will notify the University within 30 days if rights to a Submitted Materials are reassigned.
- You acknowledge and authorize users of the X-Change to download and copy the Submitted Materials for the purposes of raising awareness, building campaigns and otherwise working to end violence against women and children.
- Authorizing the use of the Submitted Materials does not guarantee they will be displayed on the X-Change website or be included in the collection, and the University have no obligations to use them in any manner.
- the University has no ability to control the Submitted Materials you may upload, post or otherwise transmit using the X-Change service, and does not have any obligation to monitor such Submitted Materials for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all Submitted Materials you upload, post, or otherwise transmit using the X-Change service.
- You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the University, and its board members, trustees, officers, employees, agents, volunteers and subsidiaries for any damages, actual or statutory, and any reasonable attorney’s fees, that arise from any breach of warranty or for any claim by any third party of an alleged infringement, direct or secondary, of copyright or other intellectual property rights arising from or otherwise relating to the Submitted Materials to the X-Change or of the use, including but not limited to the uses by the University, its users, or other users of such materials. THIS INDEMNITY SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
DIGITAL MATERIAL DOWNLOAD AGREEMENT
TERMS and CONDITIONS
The X-Change is dedicated to sharing resources and building knowledge. By checking the box, people and organizations downloading materials agree to:
- Use materials for only non-commercial purposes, to raise awareness, build campaigns and otherwise work to end violence against women and children.
- Credit the submitting organization or author and will not alter the Submitted Materials in any way except to ensure they are displayed in a way that is optimal for public viewing, such as increasing the size of Submitted Materials, converting into an electronic format, etc.
- Contact the submitting organization or author to seek written permission if you wish to alter or adapt materials outside their original presentation.